It’s that time of year again. So rather than waste your pumpkin innards (appetising much?) if you’re planning on carving one, or just to eat, we thought we’d bring you a special recipe for pumpkin soup.
Recipe for pumpkin soup
Once the kids have come back from trick or treating, they’ll have a Halloween soup to come back to!
a little oil
1 sweet potato
1 red pepper
3 pts vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Drizzle the pumpkin, sweet potato and red pepper with oil and roast for 40 mins – hour while making your lantern
2. When the vegetables are roasted, soften onions in margarine/butter for 7 minutes (you could add a small chilli if you wanted to give the soup a bit of a kick)
3. Add roasted vegetables and stock and bring to boil, simmer for 20 mins
4. Adjust seasoning to taste and then put veg into blender for 1 minute
5. 5 return to pan, stir and serve with hot rolls or thick toast.
err… and here’s another kind of pumpkin soup…
recipie courtesy of Devon County Council
Get all the latest, subscribe to the People’s Republic of South Devon